Daniel Morgan May,

Born November 21, 1982 to David and Becky May in the St George Hospital.

 

Jessica Kristine Taylor,

Born June 8, 1985 to Brent and Kristine Taylor in a 1979 Ford Thunderbird at Sunset Road and Las Vegas Blvd (going 70 miles per hour).

 

 

Danny and I both grew up in Logandale/Overton. He was a junior when I was a freshman so I knew who he was but he didn’t know who I was (I was just a dorky freshman in Danny’s eyes). After graduation, Danny served in the Maryland, Baltimore mission while I jumped around from Cedar City to Provo and then eventually back home.

 

We were living in the same town, doing our own thing and living our own lives without even knowing each other…. until February 13, 2009…

 

One day, Danny’s friend called and invited me to go to Mesquite with him and Danny. I didn’t have anything planned so I agreed to go. Danny and Mica picked me up and the first thing I noticed was Danny’s truck. The second thing I noticed was the Carhartt vest with a camouflage hat he was wearing and I was thinking ‘ok, I should get to know this guy’. (I’m a sucker for a handsome redneck). The next day was a Friday, February 13th; Danny asked me out on our first date… we went to Mesquite for dinner and a movie. We both had a really good time with good conversation and found that we had a lot in common.

A few days after that, we went to a UNLV basketball game and there we had our first kiss. From that day forward, the rest is history.  

 

On March 25th, Danny proposed. That was the happiest feeling I have ever felt. His proposal was amazing and I was so excited at the thought of being married to him.

 

We will be married on June 27, 2009 in the Las Vegas Temple. The reception will be in Logandale from 7pm-9pm in my parent’s backyard. For now, we will live in the house that I live in Moapa while we decide where to reside permanently.  

 

I hope to see you at the reception! Thank you all for your love and support!

 

{For the record, it took a whole team to get Danny to call me. Aunt Leslie had been telling him about me for a whole year, his cousin Tiffany was the one who gave him my number, and it was Mica who finally made the arrangements for us to meet…. Thanks Tiffany, Mica and especially Leslie}



11 comments:

  1. JESS THIS IS ADORABLE! I LOVE IT! YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB! THE STORY IS CUTE, THE LAYOUT, THE QUOTES! YOU'RE GOOD:) I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Story! Glad to hear you are going good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cute! Congratulations - and enjoy your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling blog...
    congrats and happiness forever and always.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job! this is so cute and will be a super neat keepsake. congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute....I love how many photos you posted. You guys are a really cute couple and I am very excited for the wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are so cute together! congrats!! cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess! Your blog is so cute! You did such a good job! Your pictures turned out so nice. You guys are such a cute couple! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess,
    What an amazing blog.. You are just the cutest little gal.. By the way you look marvelous... I am so happy for you and Danny.. He is a very lucky man.. May our Lord bless you and keep you safe and haapy always.. Love you girl.. Always kiss goodnight..And never let a day go by that you don't say I love you even if your mad. Love always Woody

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey my comment sounded really dumb so I removed it but the important part was this....
    We are so excited for you both to be married in two weeks!! Being married is the coolest thing ever and it keeps getting better every year!! I think your headed to the temple (for you) this week so have fun!

    ReplyDelete